Monday, January 14, 2008

BASKETBALL IN ST.MARY'S SCHOOL, TUMKUR

Just when I had thought that my camps are over for this financial year - the energetic PE teacher from St.Mary's Tumkur - came up with the idea of a 4 day camp in their campus. The timings 8am to 5pm. Children from IV to VI standards will learn basic skills and compete in a tournament at the end of the camp. Starting from 20th Jan [open invitation has been given to other young players for Sunday] the camp will last till 23rd Jan.

Having sent so many letters and made so many phone calls to various TPEOs of Distt. Tumkur, it is very disheartening to see that they are unable to arrange `basketball workshops' - it is expected to happen - still there is a heartbreak. So this camp makes me believe that I am on the right track. Seeing the Madhugiri basketball board dotted with stone marks - I shake my head, but maybe I am too responsible - trying to do too much.

The beginners in Bishop Sargent school are taking to basketball very enthusiastically and it is their enthuisasm that makes me go on and on and on ----.

No comments: